Music Banter - View Single Post - Spanish language music anyone?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2011, 08:53 PM   #96 (permalink)
Zaqarbal
Music Addict

More top-notch rock: Loquillo (since 1980). This singer's pseudonym refers to the Spanish name for the famous cartoon character Woody Woodpecker. Until 2007 he was accompanied by several musicians, forming the well-known band Loquillo y Trogloditas, one the best acts of the Spanish-language rock scene in the 80's and 90's.

A few examples:

El rompeolas ("The Breakwater") and La mataré ("I'll Kill Her"):

♫ "No hables de futuro,...........Don't talk about the future,
es una ilusión.............that's an illusion
cuando el rock & roll...............since rock & roll
conquistó mi corazón...............won my heart.
" ♫
(El rompeolas)

Cadillac solitario ("Lonely Cadillac") and Cuando fuimos los mejores ("When We Were the Best"):

♫ "Siempre quise ir a L.A.,..........I always wanted to go to L.A.,
dejar un día esta ciudad,..........to leave this town one day,
cruzar el mar en tu compañía...........to cross the sea together with you.

Pero ya hace tiempo que me has dejado.......But it's been long since you left me

y probablemente me habrás olvidado..........and you probably don't remember me anymore.
No sé que aventuras correré sin ti........I don't know what adventures I will have without you.

Y ahora estoy aquí sentado........And now I'm here sitting

en un viejo Cadillac segunda mano..........in an old second-hand Cadillac.

(...)

Quizás el Martini me ha hecho recordar.........Maybe the Martini has woken my memories up.
Nena, ¿por qué no volviste a llamar?...........Baby, why didn't you call me again?
Creí que podía olvidarte sin más..........I thought I could just forget you...

(...)

El amanecer me sorprenderá..................Daybreak will catch me
dormido borracho en el Cadillac,.......sleeping it off in the Cadillac,
bajo las palmeras, dulce y solitario..........under the plam trees, sweet and lonely.
Y dice la gente que ahora eres formal...........And people say you're serious-minded now.
Y yo aquí borracho en el Cadillac,.........And I'm here, drunk in the Cadillac,
bajo las palmeras, dulce y solitario.........under the palm trees, sweet and lonely.
Y no estás tú, nena..........And you're not here, baby....
" ♫

Todo el mundo ama a Isabel ("Everybody Loves Isabel") and Rock & Roll Star:

And (click) Autopista ("Highway"), En las calles de Madrid ("In the Streets of Madrid"), María, La mala reputación ("The Bad Reputation"), Simpatía por los Stones ("Sympathies for the Stones") and many more. As I said, this is a top band. There are several compilations. And they released two excellent live albums too.

Last edited by Zaqarbal; 04-19-2011 at 07:13 PM. Reason: One videolink fixed.
Zaqarbal is offline   Reply With Quote