Music Banter - View Single Post - Beastie Boys - Hot Sauce Committee Part Two
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2011, 11:03 AM   #16 (permalink)
FRED HALE SR.
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
I'm enjoying this album, I think it's really solid and definitely better than anything on To the 5 Boroughs (which admittedly I didn't to much) and The Mix-Up (the instrumental one - which I liked but doesn't compare to a lot of other instrumental hip-hop). I inadvertently downloaded the clean version though, so I re-downloaded the explicit and will have to switch out my files before my next listen. The good thing is that I couldn't tell it was the clean one - there's no obvious bleeping or missing words or anything. I'm curious how much cussing is on the explicit version.
I actually enjoyed To the 5 boroughs. It wasn't a classic like Pauls Boutique or Check your head but it was great party music and background. The new album has some gems. The single isn't outstanding but its better then the majority of crap on the radio. I'm a big Beasties fan so i'll continue to devour what they're selling. Not many better live acts either. To go from funk/jazz to rock/punk, and then throw in some flavor with their visionary hip hop it doesn't come much better.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote