Music Banter - View Single Post - American Police Brutality
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2011, 02:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

I'd say for the most part all cops get a bad rap in the US, even though they really are here to serve the people. I feel like foreigners have a warped view of the US in general and believe things are more prevalent than what they really are...Things like school shootings, police brutality, etc. I'll be clear and say I don't defend things like police brutality, but I do view America as everyone else's whipping boy most the time (for instance the Osama thread which is a joke)

That being said, it does happen. With power comes abuse in pretty much anything I can think of. I'm not excusing it whatsoever, I'll be clear on that. There's one video that I am too lazy to find that makes me sick and pissed off where a woman was detained for DUI (I think) and she is acting a little out of hand. The camera is covered up and when it's back on, she is just covered in a pool of blood. It's quite obvious the officer beat her in the face while she was cuffed and she has to be taken to the hospital. It's disgusting.

I feel like sometimes cops only escalate a situation when they use their force. It is definitely needed for cops to have weapons here, and I consider tasers beneficial when used properly, but most of the times the use of one only sends the crowd into a frenzy and causes more outrage. I don't hate all cops, nor do I love all of them. A lot of them just acquire a sense of higher standing over their years on the job and become dickheads. I'm not from the city. The cops here don't do much but drive around aimlessly for hours. One time me and some buddies were at the park after hours smoking cigars and 3 state troopers stopped us and a police motorcycle which was pretty hilarious. But anyways, back to brutality... I feel like brutality needs to be punished, but it seems like the fraternity of law enforcement always tries to cover up things for their other officers. Some sort of higher level should step in to oppose strict punishments whenever it happens.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote