Music Banter - View Single Post - American Police Brutality
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2011, 11:04 AM   #27 (permalink)
someonecompletelyrandom
Account Disabled

I was once detained for 2 hours for taking a photograph on privately owned property, just because the dumb local cops had nothing to do that night. I later called the owner of the property and they said they couldn't give a crap what I did on their property.

I also feel like if people break social norms, they're the target of officers who use disturbing the peace in the wrong context. Basically, you either behave and be a nice little citizen or you'll get a time-out. For example,

That being said, I don't think police brutality and abuse of power is as widespread as people might think. The United States is very large, and in the age of media we can receive reports of incidents which happen in several different parts of the country at the same time. It's sort of like the stranger danger paranoia that's swept the country - even though random kidnappings are quite rare, media reports nearly every incident and so they appear common.

I think there are many sincere, good hearted individuals on the police force in America, but since it's such a large force there are abuses of power.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote