Music Banter - View Single Post - Nirvana- Nevermind- 1991
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 05:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

I'm glad you didn't give this album a 9 or a 10, and I'd like to say a good write-up. Albeit, I vastly disagree with the point saying that the album stays consistent. The first half of the album sounds very different than he second. In essence, the first half was an attempt to be really polished with catchy sing-a-long choruses, and the second was an attempt at doing sort of the doomy/punky/sludgy hybrid that typifies 'grunge', and populated pretty much the entirety of Bleach.

I rarely EVER complain about lacking 'consistency', but I feel the problem with this is that it's not an artistic choice, but it feels there's a few songs that they wanted to try to push for hits, and polished up, and the rest they left their raw state. It's like getting a mix tape of 5 Michael Jackson songs, then 5 Sex Pistols songs. As if, they ran out of budget halfway through, and realized that they hype from the videos would sell it well enough to push it out as-is...

Otherwise, it's a decent album. Not legendary as said to be, but better than average. Plagued massively by incompleteness...
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote