Music Banter - View Single Post - Buckethead vs. Jimi Hendrix
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2011, 02:36 AM   #86 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrd00d View Post
Yeah, Acoustic Shards had me wetting myself and sending it to all my friends, but now I don't really enjoy any of those tracks, besides Spirals.

Very good point about: "If he was more selective about his compositions"... seems Buckethead is comfortable enough putting out whatever he touches. Almost like John Zorn. He could fart on his guitar for 3 minutes and we would talk about it. He has some weird avant-soundscapes that make me think 'someone may enjoy this but really? why?' but I guess it's food for thought and they're definitely unique...
Zorn is a genius. Among his more farted out works there are works of insanely skilled projects which require versatility(The Bribe, The Big Gundown, New Eastern Traditions, Naked City, Masada, IAO, Magick, Moonchild). Considering how many classic projects he's been apart from I can forgive him for Hemopheliac, and Painkiller.

The thing that pisses me off is people like Mike Patton who go 'Hey, I work with Zorn, so I can be like Zorn, and release my farts', and just end up releasing farts(Patton is amazing when he has Zorn composing for him, and was amazing in Mr.Bungle.' But Christ, 99% of his solo releases sound like very poor attempts to be Zorn, or him just playing with a microphone for 3 days imitating cats, sirens, Yamataka Eye, and RnB singers).

Zorn is one of those selective minds like Fred Frith, or Bill Laswell, or Frank Zappa who can get away with releasing ridiculously excessive amounts of material.
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote