Music Banter - View Single Post - The Urban 100 - 4 Years On (Now With Added Authors Commentary)
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2005, 12:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Urban Hat€monger ?
The Sexual Intellectual

Time I started this I think......

100. Dalek - Absense (2004)
Holy **** this is just brutal.If you want sheer raw noise this beats about 99% of most metal albums i`ve ever heard.Which isn`t bad considering it a hip hop album. If only more hip hop was like this.And no I didn`t choose this because of the Doctor Who connection , so there.

Favourite songs - Asylum (Permanent Underclass), In The Midst Of Struggle, Opiate The Masses

99. Stereolab - Emperor Tomato Ketchup (1996)

Ahhhhhh , Krautrock influences mixed with pure pop melodies and not to mention Laetitia Sadier`s gorgeous horny voice.There is just so much going on in this record dance , hip hop , electronica , pop , rock , jazz , dub....... you have to listen to it again & again just to get everything.

Favourite songs - Metronomic Underground, Cyberies Revenge , Les Yper-Sound

98. The Beatles - Revolver (1966)

I`m not the biggest Beatles fan by a long shot but this album HAS to be on the list.Would probably be a lot higher if it wasn`t for Yellow ****ing Submarine.

Favourite songs - Taxman , I`m Only Sleeping , Tomorrow Never Knows

97 Brian Eno - Here Come The Warm Jets (1973)

I`ll be honest , i`ve never actually heard that much of Eno`s solo stuff.Not even the album he did with David Byrne. I bought this album for the simple reason that it`s his first solo album AND because basically it`s a Roxy Music album without Bryan Ferry. It` s a lot more guitar based than I imagined an Eno solo album to be and the lyrics are just plain odd.But it does have this quirky charm to it. Very strange yet very compelling

Favourite Songs - Needles In The Camel`s Eye , Baby`s On Fire , Driving Me Backwards

Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote