Music Banter - View Single Post - An in-depth guide to writing your first Music Journal
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 05:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Click the small arrow in the blue square at the top left corner, as shown

From the drop-down menu that comes up, select “Save Movie” and then “For computer”, as shown

Type in your filename. Doesn't have to be the track name, but I usually use it. Take note of where the file is being saved (you can see that from the left column or from the title bar, and change it if you want) and hit OK.

Your movie will begin saving to your hard drive

and when it's finished will alert you.

At this point, you have a choice, though it's really no choice. Your video is now saved but in a large WMV format. You can upload this directly to YouTube, if you like, as long as you're prepared for a long wait. The larger the file, obviously, the longer it will take to upload to YouTube. If you have a fast, powerful computer, or lots of time to spare, or you're going to leave it running while you go off and do something, then there's no problem in your uploading the video as it stands. YouTube will certainly recognise and convert it for you.

ANY VIDEO CONVERTER

But if you don't have a supercomputer, lots of time, or you have a few videos to upload, then you should definitely consider converting the WMV to a much smaller, more manageable format, like FLV or SWF. You can use a free program called “Any Video Converter” to do this for you. It's simplicity itself. You download from here Free Video Converter-Any Video Converter Freeware, freely convert video to iPhone, Android, Html5 formats --- just click the download button. Once you have the software installed, run it up and you will see this screen:

Just click where it says “Add video” (ringed in red) on the left. This will bring up a browser. If your video is not in the directory it brings up, navigate to the one where it is and select. Now your video will be shown in the middle, as ringed. Go across to the top right corner and click the small downward arrow, as shown. This will open another menu, showing the various formats you can convert your video to. Select the one with the red banner marked “Flash” as shown, and then either SWF (Shockwave File) or FLV (Flash Video); I always use FLV.

Hit the convert button and you're on your way! The program will show the conversion progress

and when it's finished, just click on the “No thanks” button (unless you want to buy the Pro version of the software)

and the directory wherein your now-converted file is held will be displayed. Note that AVC uses the (documents) directory and then makes a subdir for the type of files it converts to, so look for the “Any Video Converter” subdirectory in your documents folder, then look for the “FLV” or “SWF” subdirectory, and you'll find your file there.

From there it's just a case of uploading your file to YouTube. It's a simple process, so simple I won't be covering it here, but if anyone is stuck post a comment, PM or email me and I'll walk you through it.

Last edited by Trollheart; 01-22-2014 at 02:27 PM.
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote