Music Banter - View Single Post - Music Journals update thread?
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 07:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Default Music Journals update thread?

Would this be cool, or not? I'm thinking of something along the lines of Pedestrian's "What's happening on MB" thread, but advising people which of the current music journals are active, a rough description of each and what their latest update is. I'd be happy to compile/update the list, and it might push people towards journals they may not have thought of looking at (some people may not even realise that the section is there, or what it is, or what they may be missing by not checking it out); would also obviously give the authors a chance of attracting more viewers.

If that's approved (and maybe stickied?) I would of course be happy to work with/collaborate with anyone whose journal was included, and who wanted to participate. People would of course be free to add their own updates.

Now I know what you're going to say, why can't people just look at the list? Sure they can, but unless you go into each journal you may miss something great like Geekoid's Hauntology article, or Mr Dave's continuing story, or maybe something new from Ki or Bob or Howard. It would save having to check each journal separately: there'd be a masterlist, as it were, where you could see where the articles you were interested in were being written. Also show you how often journals are updated, and any that haven't been recently and were popular, well maybe people could post and ask that author to update soon? Might even coax some of those who kept a journal but haven't done for some time out of retirement (Terrible Lizard, when ARE you gonna finish that "scariest albums" thread?) Hey, we all like our work to be appreciated, don't we?

Anyway, one of my stupid two-in-the-morning ideas, probably bomb, but anyone (obviously, mostly those who maintain a journal here) who thinks it's an idea worth pursuing, let me know.

And now, I really must take my medication before the .... red mist ... comes down ... and everything .... goes .... black........