Music Banter - View Single Post - Rush: 2112 (1976) Vs. Test For Echo (1996) Vs. Clockwork Angels (2012)
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 08:07 PM   #24 (permalink)
RMR
Front to Back

Great post because it compares three completely unrelated Rush albums, which is what I love about Rush: everyone has their own favorite. For me, Clockwork Angels is the easy winner, and I'll quote my own Clockwork Angels review...

"Rush took a back to basics approach to their songwriting on their storybook concept album Clockwork Angels. This resulted in a new overall sound fueled by their fiery filled playing, and the outcome is arguably Rush’s best album. Personally, I can’t call Clockwork Angels my favorite Rush album because I have a nostalgic anchor that has been buried for decades deep in the sands of albums like A Farewell to Kings, Hemispheres, Moving Pictures, Signals, Power Windows, and Hold Your Fire. And, I don’t think there could ever be a wave, even one as powerful as Clockwork Angels, that could move that un-rusted anchor. However, listening to Clockwork Angels objectively, I will say that although it might not be my personal favorite Rush album, I think it is their best album."

By the way, I saw Rush last night in Charlotte, and the Clockwork Angels tracks were amazing live. I'll be seeing them tomorrow in Atlanta as well.