Music Banter - View Single Post - What do you think will eventually happen to Syrian president Bashar Al-Assad?
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
Hitch
Music Addict

Most probably will die one way or the other soon (I cannot foresee even Iran, despite its surreptitious support, taking the risk of granting him asylum), but not before the causalities of the conflict breaches the 100,000 mark. I am that grim about it. Russia time and again gives nonsensical arguments whilst being caught providing arms and support on numerous occasions. I just don't see why, even if the opposition groups might have some shady elements (who knows what would end up in the aftermath), just as a matter of principal, governments around the globe are unwilling to pick a side and and stick to it in getting rid of this lunatic. In fact, whilst non-intervention and anti-war must always be the first choice, in a strange way, if the intelligence of the recent development regarding arms movement is correct, then I applaud Israel for having the courage to intervene, albeit it may (or may-not) be simply an isolated event (I'm talking about the recent airstrikes).
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote