Music Banter - View Single Post - The Music Banter Members' Journals Monthly Update Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 05:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
Screen13
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post

There's some pretty psychedlic stuff being laid down in http://www.musicbanter.com/members-j...album-day.html, and an interesting little side-discussion on Bob Seger, which I really must read once I get a chance. Screen13 seems to certainly have an eclectic and interesting varied musical taste, so he's fitting right in here.
Get ready for some WKNR survey talk as well! I found my notes I wrote down a couple of years ago based on the charts of the legendary AM Station that was the king of Detroit AM radio to cruise Woodward Ave. by way back in the day, especially pre-'67 riot and pre-FM Radio (WABX being the first king of that wave before WRIF took over the lead). There was an Oldies station that had a great Sunday Morning show featuring their charts that showed that songs that were misses nationally were pretty big in my local area then. Sadly as CKLW took over and despite a sister FM station that I think had Russ Gibb (much later someone behind the locally known New Wave/Punk TV show Back Porch Video that's still a great memory for people like me), WKNR quickly faded away by 1972.

To hint...the Parliaments single I posted a few days back was actually a #9 in The D. Also interesting to see Small Faces' "Tin Soldier" a #17, The Music Machine's "The People in Me" a #22 and a few local Seger including "East Side Story", "Persecution Smith", and even "Noah" gracing the WKNR Top 20 through those years!
Screen13 is offline   Reply With Quote