Music Banter - View Single Post - Everything Rockabilly
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 12:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
PunkKitten138
Groupie

Default Everything Rockabilly

So I have noticed, looked around, asked, and what not, there doesnt seem to be a Rockbilly Thread anywhere around here! So here i am starting one up!

Discuss who your favorite Rockabilly bands are, how you got into them, your biggest memory, anything of the sorts. I love rockabilly and im always looking for new bands to look into!!!

Educate each other!

Kitten.

My first time...

When i was 16, i had met a group of friends that were into a local band named Calabrese, Calabrese was horror rock but they played with a lot of different bands that were not horror rock. After going to Calabrese shows for almost a year and half i didnt know that i was going to be introduced to something that would literally change everything about me. I dressed like the typical rocker, acted like the typical rocker etc... But that night i was introduced to Three Bad Jacks. My ears were in heaven, i loved the combination of fast music and slow, the up-right bass, the lyrics, everything about them just made my heart jump. From that point on i loved anything and everything rockabilly. I found a lot more bands that i didnt even know existed til after that night. I envied Pin up girls, i wanted to dress up like them, i wanted to do my hair like them. I wanted everything 50's in my life....

Rockabilly is a giant part of my life that i honestly dont think i could live with out.

Last edited by PunkKitten138; 05-11-2013 at 12:12 PM. Reason: added more...
PunkKitten138 is offline   Reply With Quote