Music Banter - View Single Post - The European football thread
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 08:48 AM   #279 (permalink)
Cuthbert
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspoptart View Post
Is anyone following the U-20 FIFA world cup? I guess this is not the thread to post in but perhaps someone can re-direct me? ORRRR if no one cares I'll just shut up and ya'll can forget I mentioned it.

It's in Istanbul anyway and I got tickets to all the games here. AWESOME POSSUM
I was until England got knocked out. Just lol at drawing with Iraq.

Also what I came in the thread to post, what do people think about doping in football? Tyson Gay and Asafa Powell both tested positive for banned substances yesterday. Cycling is rife with it but we knew this anyway. I think it's pretty much nailed on, with what's at stake in the game, that it happens on a large scale in football. Fuentes' comments about the Spanish national team's World Cup win should have set alarm bells ringing.

Since Fuentes went to jail and there was a court ruling over the blood bags Barcelona and Spain have appeared to go downhill rather rapidly - Barcelona lost by a record shattering margin in the CL Semi, Spain got eviscerated in the Confederations Cup by a team who you'd expect to be much worse than them on paper, makes me think maybe there is something to it.

The fact that some Spanish court ordered the blood bags to be destroyed is a key factor too. Murray wasn't happy about it:

Andy Murray blasts Spanish judge’s decision to destroy over 200 blood samples from Operation Puerto | The Sun |Sport|Tennis

Quote:
Fuentes had admitted in evidence also working with sportsmen from football, tennis, athletics and boxing.
Wonder who he worked with?

Quote:
But chances of identifying other cheats were ended when judge Julia Santamaria rejected appeals from anti-doping authorities to analyse the 211 blood bags from 35 different sportsmen.
Dodgy as hell ^
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote