Music Banter - View Single Post - The Ditty Bops
Thread: The Ditty Bops
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2013, 01:02 AM   #9 (permalink)
Paul Smeenus
David Hasselhoff

Default A brief word about "Jelly For President"

OK, as stated in the final paragraph of the "Love Letters" review, I felt duty-bound to cover the final release, "Jelly For President - Yes We Jam". So I started to listen to it on Spotify.

I was wrong about it being a collection of unreleased recordings. The Bops were just having fun with the election. Duh. Well, as the title suggests, it's about a cute little koala, with a cute little voice, talking about how he was gonna run on the platform of having fun.

Jelly For President

It's cute cute cute cute cute. TOO cute. I can't finish this. This is my all time favorite female duo, and I want to remember them that way. It's not that it's bad, the music is their fine throwback usual style, but the WAY Over the top cutesy just ruins it. I can't finish it. I'm going to consider "Love Letters" the end of an amazing 7 year career and call it good.

I see this review thread has some 550 views but I've yet to hear from a single person about this series of reviews. I know I've gotten a few people interested in the Bops from playing them (possibly way too much) in Plug, But I would like to know if someone, anyone, got anything out of this series of reviews. If not, this was a labor of love and I"m glad I did it anyway.
Gentle Giant Catalog Review

The entire Ditty Bops catalog reviewed
Paul Smeenus is offline   Reply With Quote