Music Banter - View Single Post - 2016 U.S Election Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013, 02:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Chris Christie would be my favourite among GOP candidates, but I don't really know much of politicians apart from the ones that make the news which are commonly (and unfortunately so) controversial figures. That being said, Sarah Palin for president 2016! Hopefully by the end of her inevitable second term as the first Palinist party president (a party that is sure to spread like wildfire to subsequent presidents), the 22nd Ammendment (along with the rest of that pesky constitution) will be repealed.

As far as Hillary goes, she's decent, but I'd prefer Christie if it were between those two if I was interested in voting for a candidate in one of the two main parties. I will probably end up voting Libertarian again, or I could add a write in candidate that I particularly like. I know the minority party vote holds little relevance in the current state of American voting with the Electoral College and the winner-takes-all system that most states adhere to, given that I live in California, a solidified vote for the Democratic candidate (one reason why I think the winner takes all system should be avoided, given that it diminishes the voice of those in the high ranking liberal or conservative states such as Texas or California). However, the view that I take to the situation is that I'd rather have my representational voice heard through the minority. I believe that if everyone chooses between the lesser of two evils (something that we all must resort to in many situations), how many opinions would go on unheard for what becomes the silent majority whilst the evil perpetuates?

Also, in the media, political focus varies between several politicians, so who knows of what is to come in the three years to come? Surely candidates on the fringe, the more moderate region, and other political figures will throw their hat in the ring given the state of the media. There is also the possibility of (supposed) scandals among who may seem like the obvious candidates today. Three years is a long time in the world of politics.

Last edited by Frownland; 09-20-2013 at 02:16 AM.
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote