Music Banter - View Single Post - An in-depth guide to writing your first Music Journal
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2013, 07:08 PM   #29 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Thank man, you're welcome. Nice to see someone is reading it.

Mind you, it's mostly just a framework showing you how you CAN start off and laying out the basics such as how to insert images, use YouTubes and a few ideas for things you can use to get going. It never was, it never will be, it never could be a blueprint for how to write your journal, because of course everyone has their own ideas on what they want to write, and there's no set format nor any magic formula to make your journal popular. For me, it has always been about writing what I like, how I like, and hoping people also like it. Some have alluded to my album reviews being too long-winded, and yes they are, but that's how I write, and I'm not about to change it to be more popular or to appeal to a greater readership.

You write in your own style, how you like, as different or similar to mine as you want (as long as you don't copy me POWERSTARS!) and you make your own little corner of the journal world here. A great new example is butthead's journal; it's a little unfocussed but great fun, and his ideas while maybe not to everyone's taste are entertaining and worth reading. Of course the Batlord is always good for a read even if I hate the current music he's talking about (okay not hate: I don't even know it. But it's the type I feel I would have zero interest in), and to be fair there are few journals I don't read, as I feel if someone is going to put in the time and effort then the least I can do is read it.

But as ever, any help I can give in whatever capacity I will. Just remember --- and this goes for everyone --- it's YOUR journal, so never mind how others write or how often they update or what graphics they use or don't use, the formats they employ, the approaches they take. You write how you want to write, the way you feel best helps you communicate to your audience, and don't let anyone, including me, tell you how you should write.