Music Banter - View Single Post - Spanish language music anyone?
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2014, 08:06 AM   #162 (permalink)
Zaqarbal
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesntReallyMatter View Post
Christ almighty, talk about flooding a thread...
And that's only the tip of the iceberg!! In fact, this should be a complete guide to Spanish-language music for beginners. Keep in mind that Music Banter is the best music board on the Internet, so we should measure up.

--------------------------------

*M Clan (since 1993). Rock. Antihéroe ("Antihero", 2002) and Carolina (2001):

Sopa fría ("Cold Soup", 2004) and Llamando a la Tierra ("Calling the Earth", 1999, a cover of Steve-Miller-Band's Serenade):

And now, another song by awesome indie band Havalina: Objetos personales ("Personal Belongings", 2010).

♫ "Guardo las hojas secas ................................ I keep the dried leaves
de nuestro árbol del amor. ................................ from our love tree.
Guardo esta piedra grasienta ................................ I keep this greasy stone
de nuestro río que se secó. ................................ from our river that dried up.
Guardo una brizna de hierva ................................ I keep a blade of grass
para inventarme tu olor. ................................ so as to imagine how your smell is.

Guardas el último baile. ................................ You keep the last dance.
Yo guardo el tiempo perdido ................................ I keep the lost time
para que el mundo no acabe. ................................ to keep the World from coming to an end.

Tu guardas cada palabra ................................ You keep every word
para no tener que decir nada. ................................ to keep yourself from talking.
Yo guardo esta hoja en blanco ................................ I keep a blank sheet of paper
para tener todas las palabras. ................................ so as to have all the words.

Guardo mi juego favorito ................................ I keep my favourite game
para despertarme contigo. ................................ so as to wake up by your side.
Guardo el ruido del motor ................................ I remember the engine noise
para olvidarme de todo. ................................ so as to forget everything.

Guardas las fotografías. ................................ You keep the photographs.
Yo guardo las botellas vacías. ................................ I keep the empty bottles.

Guardas el último baile. ................................ You keep the last dance.
Yo guardo el tiempo perdido ................................ I keep the lost time
hasta que el mundo se acabe. ................................ until the World ends.

Guardo un pájaro muerto ................................ I keep a dead bird
para decirte: «te quiero». ................................ so as to say to you: «I love you».
Guardo este esqueleto ................................ I keep this skeleton
para decirte: «no te quiero». ................................ so as to say to you: «I don't love you».
" ♫

Last edited by Zaqarbal; 03-04-2014 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Minor correction.
Zaqarbal is offline   Reply With Quote