Music Banter - View Single Post - Music recommendation for fan of '50s-'70s music?
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 01:29 PM   #22 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Don't forget Tommy James and the Shondells!

When it comes to psych-garage, the Pebbles series is really fun. If you can find any of the volumes. Oh, and on the harmonic side of things, I don't think anyone mentioned the Mamas and the Papas.

As for 60's revival bands, I don't know many besides the Pandoras, Barracudas, Miracle Workers, etc. Also the Cramps, if they count. And yeah, definitely check out the Sonics, people recommend them for a reason.

Edit: I forgot the 70's entirely! But I think you already know the great bands of that era, seeing as how classic rock stations tend to have a penchant to play 70's and 80's songs. I'll mention Bad Company though, for being a mix of almost everything that defined the 70's musically. Blondie was really fun as well, with a million radio hits. Also, look up a few Post-Punk bands if you ever get bored, they're always fun. The Mo-dettes, the Rezillos, Kleenex, etc. Very weird, but really exciting for some reason.

Last edited by Oriphiel; 11-15-2014 at 01:36 PM.
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote