Music Banter - View Single Post - Is rap considered music?
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2014, 01:01 PM   #139 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanche_Minim View Post
Funk and rap has a different groove. I really like the groove of funk. When it comes to rap, every summer, some driver will play rap really loud in his car, and the groove of the bass drum is annoying as hell.
F)ck me how did I get involved in this thread.

So you don' t like the 808 bass drum, fair enough, but you do realize that most rap music traditionally samples funk and soul rhythms from the 70's to get its beat. So I'm curious to know who your favourite funk artists are?

Your argument comes off as somewhat...unpleasant, bye the way. You can't just quote this out of the blue

Quote:
Posted by: BrighamYoungConservative

Rap music is garbage. It is corrupting our youth and it encourages abusing alcohol and drugs and it has no respect for women. I don't accept it as music or as a culture. Black culture is ruining America and making our country look bad. If it was up to me, I would ban all public radio stations that air rap music.
and state that you like death metal, Led Zeppelin and other druggie white culture bands that would also have an equally negative impact on society. Do you not see the racial contradiction here?

and this quote is unf)ckin unforgivable...

Quote:
When I was younger, I liked Linkin Park and Limp Bizkit. Yes there is rapping, but I liked something else in nu-metal. Those mega-distorted, d-tuned, power chords, I really liked it. Wes Borland was like my favorite guitarist at that time. .
Really? really really really??? You would rather listen to Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park over Dr Dre & the Wu Tang Clan!?! Uhhg! Nu metal is the perfect example of what happens when a musical genre (heavy metal) lives past its commercial viability. Green Day & Sum 41(Punk) is another, and Soulja boy & Lil Wayne (rap) is yet another. Don't sweat it, all genres of music peak & than decline, so you should go concern yourself with something that really matters.