Music Banter - View Single Post - Love or Hate?
Thread: Love or Hate?
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 01:25 PM   #19 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Violet_ View Post
Yeah, to appreciate To Pimp A Butterfly, you have to listen to it in 1 sitting from beginning to end. You should bring the lyrics up as well.
Al of these will be listened to in one sitting; that's how I do it. But I'm not sure about eating the lyrics and spewing them back up again. Doesn't sound like much fun...
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
I could also just go with this:

https://cloudcover1.bandcamp.com/album/memento

Another cloudcover? Oh yeah, I'm there!
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
Maybe in your misguided opinion. The unraveling of the poem on first listen is one of the most amazing things I've ever experienced from music
No fighting in this thread please. At least, not till I get to trash some of your albums. Listen to, I mean. Yeah, that's what I meant...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
^got me to thinking...

I don't think you've ever heard my album I made along with the ex-singer from Zoetrope. It's not an instrumental album, it actually has some *cough* singing:

Monstrosity

If that link doesn't work, this one will. Just hit the "Play" button on the right side on the grey banner in the link, and it'll play the entire album.

SoundClick artist: PRDMonstrosity - page with MP3 music downloads

You've got a load of listening to do, and probably will have a load more. Hope you're up for it.
Totally down for that.
Yeah this should be fun, till my arms fall off from overwork...
I think I can do an album a day; as I'm not going to be writing a review it should not take as much time as it normally would. I'll also note at the end whether or not each album is something I would consider actually reviewing at some point, or not.