Music Banter - View Single Post - Everything Rockabilly
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2015, 10:44 PM   #24 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaDagger View Post
In absence of a smilie whose jaw drops to the floor and breaks into a million pieces, let me just say DA-YUM!!!!!

That Lance is incredible! How old is he?! Yeah Jerry Lee's music is what got me into rockabilly in the first place... It just makes me want to squeeze into a pair of lime green cigarette pants with matching patent pumps and pretend Im a virgin
Yes, Lance Lipinsky is great, isn't he? I checked his bio and he is 28 now.

I'm especially impressed that Lance and his guitarist Wyatt Maxwell are ...

..."in the process of building their own analog studio to finish recording the rest of the [The Lover's debut] album. This studio will have no computers, no overdubs in the recording, just played live in the moment as it was in the 50's."(from lovers)

I look forward to hearing their album when it's done.

I'm now envisioning these pants, which are pretty cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelseaDagger View Post
Oh and regarding the Scandinavian rockabilly... Apparently it's pretty popular over there; if you listen to their pronunciation of /o/ in words like "love" and "everlovin," you'll notice they drag it out into more of an /ah/ or even short /a/ sound, totally giving away the accent... It's subtle but distinct.
I just listened again to the Junkyard Dog song by the Go Getters and had a really hard time hearing the accent. If I hadn't known better, I would have assumed the singer was from the United States! They did a good job of fooling me.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote