Music Banter - View Single Post - Our Feature Presentation
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2015, 10:27 AM   #45 (permalink)
DeadChannel
Music Addict

Mini Reviews

I'm thinking that this might be a good format that allows me to cover more ground without it becoming a chore. I'll go more into depth on films that I've seen multitudinously, and ones that I really love or have something to say about. Let's begin.

I Saw The Devil (I Saw the Devil (2010) - IMDb)

I really liked this movie. It's a quick, smart yet brutally violent Korean revenge thriller -- probably the best of the bunch. A similar film, Oldboy, was much more popular overseas, but in my opinion this is the better movie. It's a lot of fun if you don't mind the gore, and I'd highly recommend it. Probably the second best Korean film I've seen so far, next to Memories of Murder.

8/10

His Name Was King (Lo chiamavano King (1971) - IMDb)

This film left me wanting. I recently bought a Mill Creek box set of like 12 spaghettis for $5, and this was included. I put it on because its theme song was recently featured in Tarantino's Django Unchained ("His name was king/he had a horse/along the country side/I saw him ride..."), and also because it features German actor-turned ******* (and probably pervert, but still a great actor) Klaus Kinski. I've been impressed by him in other spaghettis like The Great Silence. Sadly, this movie has Kinski in it for like five or ten minutes max. Really dishonest advertising here! He has a few good moments, but it's interspersed with a lot of Kinski-less drovel. I can usually dig on low budget spaghettis, but this just didn't do it for me. The soundtrack is super dope though, but that was probably the only think that kept me watching (that and the fact that the movie is only like 75 minutes long...)

4/10

Last edited by DeadChannel; 11-22-2015 at 06:31 PM.
DeadChannel is offline   Reply With Quote