Music Banter - View Single Post - Our Feature Presentation
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2015, 07:00 PM   #54 (permalink)
DeadChannel
Music Addict

Mini Reviews

Trainspotting (1996) - IMDb

I watched the first fifteen minutes of this movie twice because the accents were so heavy that I had to put on subtitles. Once I did that, though, a terrifying, absurd portrayal of heroin addiction appeared. The film is extremely bleak and not for the faint of heart, but I can recommend it highly to anyone who likes good cinema. Also, I feel like this movie kicks the ass of any of those lame high-school-scare-tactic-based videos on drug use. None of those are half as chilling as this movie.

Plus, the movie gets extra points for referencing Thomas Pynchon. Dope af.
9/10

Buried (2010) - IMDb

I'm always impressed when movies manage to get so much out of so little. The entirety of this movie takes place in a coffin underground, but it manages to be a tense, smart thriller. Considering the lack of change of scenery, I was amazed by my lack of boredom throughout. . And for someone who most of the time wishes that Ryan Reynolds didn't come from his country, I was very, very happy with the performance. Some of it felt a little contrived in a bad Hollywood sort of way, though. The snake incident comes to mind as being a bit dumb, as was the sand-falling-into-coffin thing. And was it just me, or did the coffin slowly get roomier as the movie went on? Also, the soundtrack was really boring and cliche sounding. I would've liked some originality there. It sort of seemed trapped in this weird word of not knowing if it was a Hollywood movie or a low budget indie, but I still dug it.

7/10

Last edited by DeadChannel; 11-29-2015 at 07:22 PM.
DeadChannel is offline   Reply With Quote