Music Banter - View Single Post - My Exploration into 2016
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 12:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
JGuy Grungeman
Primo Celebate Sexiness

Default My Exploration into 2016

A whole new year, a whole lot of music to find on Bandcamp. That's where I get most of my new albums. Plus, with a whole new year, I don't want to wait until anything on my hype list is out, so I'll be keeping a journal of every 2016 album I hear throughout the year. If anybody has some recommendations (never death metal or black metal), that would be appreciated.

Entire list:
PAGE 1
1. Timelines by Jordan F (Synthwave) 70/100
2. Anthology by the Vanishing Point (Gothic Rock) 95/100
3. Live at the WSBF buy Solaire (Stoner) 74
4. Mansion by the Lake by Morgans Door (Progressive Post-Hardcore) 88
5. The Invitation by Psalmz44 (Christian Hip Hop) 83
6. Wanna Make It a Day by Robin Famewolf (Acoustic Power Pop) 69
7. The Fourth Is Bearded by The Fourth Is Bearded (Post-Rock, Post-Hardcore) 74
PAGE 2
8. Blackstar by David Bowie (Experimental Rock, Art Rock) 86
9. The Soldier by Borejko (Ambient) 95
10. Pages 期 by waterfront dining (Contemporary Vaporwave) 92
11. Bright Universe by The Grey Marshmallow and The Prodigal Son (Experimental, IDM) 82
12. Soft Days by Sea Pinks (Surf Rock, Soft Rock) 70
13. The Astonishing by Dream Theater (Prog Rock, Prog Metal, Rock Opera) 81
14. Enstacy by Khan (Alternative Rock, Ambient) 92
15. Swan Valley Heights by Swan Valley Heights (Stoner Rock) 83
16. Wrong Side of Darkness by My Creepy Susanne.
17. We Can Do Anything by Violent Femmes (Acoustic Rock, Alternative) 71

Right now I'm listening to an album called Timelines by Jordan F, released today on NewRetroWave Records.

Synthwave. I haven't listened to a lot of synthwave, but I like the synthy sound in synthwave and synth pop. However, the album doesn't rreally try to hard to be an album. It's there for a simple guilty pleasure in which a listener can relax and let his mentality dance instead of allowing the body to dance. That's kind of how I feel. It's a little more mental to me than physical. Generic, yes. Worth a listen or two, yes. It is enjoyable and it's quite serene for synthwave. I like it, and I wouldn't mind a couple more spins. Who knows? Maybe this album will seriously grow on me to the point I give it a 9/10, maybe not.
7/10.

Last edited by JGuy Grungeman; 03-12-2016 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Updating the Journal List.
JGuy Grungeman is offline   Reply With Quote