Music Banter - View Single Post - Do you feel that Boston is overrated?
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2016, 04:28 PM   #30 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuy Grungeman View Post
BUT YOU'RE THE ONE PLAYING THE JACK IN THE BOX. If you aren't, another HUMAN is. The only thin changing is your interest level in the song. If a song is the same all the time, literally, then it can;t possibly change. A song is a collection of audio that can';t be tainted unless you have bad speakers. You technically already used that same argument, instead this time you just implemented a jack-in-the-box instead of another food. We could discuss these kinds of metaphors all day and the conversation wouldn't get anywhere.

Also, I came back here because I'm kind of bored,
Seems you are placing blame, by saying it is the listener's fault and the dj's fault, which implies responsibility for wrongdoing if they get tired of a song. What I was saying is that there is no wrong doing on part of the listener. It's just part of human nature. What I am taking into account is that people are emotional beings; they don't sustain the same emotion for long periods of time, and often switch from one for different reasons. Just to be clear the potato chip and the jack-in-the-box are not metaphors of a song, but examples of how things change from repetition over time and through experience.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote