Music Banter - View Single Post - Tristan Geoff's Post-Hardcore Extravaganza
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2016, 08:31 PM   #50 (permalink)
Tristan_Geoff
midnite roles around

Red Medicine by Fugazi

Year: 1995

Fugazi really need no introduction. They were the quintessential post-hardcore band, and for good reason. Fugazi is a punk supergroup following the lineage of The Teen Idles, Minor Threat, Rites of Spring, and Embrace. They made a name for themselves making dance and dub influenced hardcore songs, and by the release of their debut album, Repeater in '91, they were among the leading and most influential punk bands of the era. In fact, it's near heretical to not mention 90's punk and Fugazi in the same sentence. Their sound only got better from Repeater on. Their early output had some great songs but was also quite disorganized, but by their third album, In On the Killer Taker, they had struck gold. This release is no different. After relistening, I realize how hard it is now to pick my favorite Fugazi record between this and Killer Taker. This album features bouncy, raucous, experimental, and noisy punk tunes, while the former contains tracks more on the indie and dub spectrum. Both are great in their own right, but when it really comes down to it they're just two different beasts. It's amazing how a band can have songs that vary this much, but when one pops on their style is still instantly recognized. Having no particular identity and oozing with personality at the same time? This band is really something. All Fugazi releases are absolutely essential to the genre.

10/10

Emo/Pop Punk Journal

Techno Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neward Thelman View Post
"SMOKE CRACK MUDA****KKA"

I'll check that dictionary, but in the meantime I'm impressed - as is everyone else in the world - by your eloquence, obvious accomplishments and success, and the evidence of your blazingly high intelligence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
He just doesn't have a mind so closed that it rivals Blockbuster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I own the mail
Tristan_Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote