Music Banter - View Single Post - The Music Banter Members Journals Weekly Update Thread Part Deux
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2016, 10:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Key

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post

Off into the depths of Ki's Music Hall, he gets surprised by the release of a new Devin Townsend Project album. I was caught off guard by it as well. When he mentioned the album
in the Last downloaded albums thread, I quickly went and got a copy myself. I've listened to one DTP album before and loved it so I went into this album with an open mind expecting
to hear something that was just different. Ki seems to be happy with the release, he also reviews Explosions In The Sky's The Wilderness and Opeth's Sorceress. It's nice to see that
Ki has grown up and ditched caring about growl vs. clean vocals. I will always advocate for clean vocals because I happen to prefer them when I'm listening to metal. I can tolerate
some growl or like half growl/half clean vocals but whatever this isn't about me.
It's about Ki. Go check his review of the latest Opeth album.

Yeah, so when I talked about the album before I listened to it, I never said anything about hating either or, I only mentioned that I like the growls better. I don't see how that should warrant throwing me under the bus about it. Telling me I've "grown up" is in pretty poor taste.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote