Music Banter - View Single Post - Christmas 2016
Thread: Christmas 2016
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2016, 01:26 PM   #48 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Nah I'm not upset. You'd know if I was upset. It just annoys me.
And by the way, if you lived somewhere where all your life they'd said "Happy Christmas" and now suddenly people were saying "Happy holidays" you'd be upset too. It's what you're used to.
Nope. I genuinely do not care that they are changing the way that some people tell me to have a nice day.

Quote:
It certainly is a PC issue though. There have been many instances of Christmas trees being taken down because "it offends other faiths", and whether the usage of "Happy Holidays" is an effect of that or not, there's no question that the actual meaning of Christmas is being pushed into the background so as not to offend other faiths, but as I say, we as Christians are the only ones who have to do this. Seems a little unfair and perhaps biased.
Please show me evidence of people being forced to say Happy Holidays instead of doing it on their own (or their company's) accord. Then maybe I'll be afraid of the PC bogeyman. You only notice it with Christianity because of how big of a majority it is. What seems a bit unfair to me is that some people have holidays that they celebrate at this time of year but they're told to have a merry christmas because "that's just the way we do it round here!"

Quote:
Also, what does the bolded part refer to??
Are you serious?

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote