Music Banter - View Single Post - Tristan's Sob Story: A Journey Through Emo and Power Punk
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2017, 08:36 PM   #11 (permalink)
Tristan_Geoff
midnite roles around

Revisiting something I felt I looked over previously. A lot of my fellow beardpunks adore this record, so I feel like I've missed something here.

Direct Hit! - Brainless God (2013)
Niche: Pop Punk, Punk Rock, Melodic Hardcore

Fun. What can be said about fun and the having of it? Can fun be described? Can fun be shown or displayed by art? Maybe so, but certainly it can be relayed sonically. From the start to the very end, this record is just a blast. I recall memories of being in sweaty crowds watching small bands with the members spread out among the audience moshing along with us, underage drinking in people's houses, running down the streets of downtown acting like a retard. The sort of self and society deprecating, yet life-affirming lyrics and sound of pop punk are what draws me so much to the genre. It's painfully direct when it needs to be about subjects, yet reeks of immaturity and endless party.

More than anything, this record just begs me to get up and do something. It urges me to get the **** out of my dingy bedroom and out doing things. It wants to be a leading hand out to life, it wants me to enjoy every moment I'm given and love life.

But there's a certain appeal and aesthetic to doing nothing too I spose. Wish my best friend actually wanted to hang out with me.

7/10

Spoiler for Choice Track:

Emo/Pop Punk Journal

Techno Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neward Thelman View Post
"SMOKE CRACK MUDA****KKA"

I'll check that dictionary, but in the meantime I'm impressed - as is everyone else in the world - by your eloquence, obvious accomplishments and success, and the evidence of your blazingly high intelligence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
He just doesn't have a mind so closed that it rivals Blockbuster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I own the mail

Last edited by Tristan_Geoff; 01-01-2017 at 08:56 PM.
Tristan_Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote