Music Banter - View Single Post - Is classical music still relevant today?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2017, 06:03 PM   #321 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor Frankenstein View Post
But you know that if I have to do a list of movies that use classical music to strenghten their stories, mine'll be bigger.
Irrelevant.

Quote:
But Frownland I'm defending classical music not because I'm a classical music lover, but because nowadays all commercial movies and trailer of those movies push a lot in the audio language and the emotional contagion, in which audio has a really important role.. and the 80% of the case directors diceded to emit feels through classical music. But this is not my point of view, it's what the producers are doing (and it's the second time that I'm saying this).
Yeah there are a lot of movies around, seriously a lot, and it's impossible, objectively talking, that all movies have the same musical genre as soundtrack, but I started talking about marketing and I have to show you that in this mudhole called marketing the use of some classical track is almost a must, please go and watch the trailers of the last commercial movies, you can see from yourself that the tracks are quite similar.

However this thread doesn't talk about the difference between classical music and other genres, but if classical musical is revelant nowadays.
And well it is.
I'm aware of how ubiquitous it is in the industry. I just think it's so for arbitrary reasons. Rock, jazz, folk, electronica, and really any other genre can be used just as successfully as classical. I quite love classical music, it's just not the be all end all of soundtracks.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote