Music Banter - View Single Post - Home-schooling
Thread: Home-schooling
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2017, 09:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
DwnWthVwls
Fck Ths Thngs

We've had this discussion with Mordor before.

While I agree with the arguments for home schooling, the life experience of bullying, friendships, social interaction, etc, are some things that the home can never provide and are an absolutely essential part of growing up. Schools also provide a lot of great resources such as expensive computer software licenses, and database access to help students that want to learn more than what's in the classroom.

There is no reason for a child not to be educated at home while attending public school. Stop letting the school raise your kids, and participate in their education. If you don't have time to do this you probably don't have time to home school either.

and @Pet_Sounds - it's a lot about test scores in college as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverinewolfweiselpigeon View Post
If I had children I would probably be inclined to homeschool them, because I would feel like guarding them from the failings of the public school system. However, as a teacher I am more inclined to work to reform the public school system from within .
Quote:
Niggas talk about change and working within the system to achieve that. The problem with always being a conformist is that when you try to change the system from within, it's not you who changes the system; it's the system that will eventually change you.

~Immortal Technique - The Poverty of Philosophy

Just wanted to throw some Tech at ja.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump

Last edited by DwnWthVwls; 01-06-2017 at 12:54 AM.
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote