Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart presents: The Showroom
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 09:36 AM   #155 (permalink)
EPOCH6
V8s & 12 Bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Synaptic Obsolescence – Mindprowler (Epoch6) – 2012

If Epoch6 should happen to read this, don't take it as a slight on your music. I've said it about other electronic composers here before: often the emphasis seems to be more on how clever and innovative you can be, without worrying about how a listener is going to enjoy it. This isn't quite that, but at the same time I didn't hear anything that I would call catchy on it, and I won't be humming it afterwards. But a very good effort nonetheless.
Hey TH, I'm back for the time being. Thanks for the fair and honest review, your comments on adding speech samples into the track had me cracking a smile. There were certainly times where I'd throw a clip in just to fill up a time slot here and there, probably at least once or twice on every Mindprowler release. When I put that small release together back in 2012 we were doing a lot of mushrooms and other psychedelics, the primary emphasis was definitely on trying to jam as many ear-tickling textures into a track as possible, less thought was given to songwriting and memorability.

Not sure if you're still taking submissions but I just finished recording my first instrumental acoustic full length last night and will probably finish naming, organizing the tracks, and slapping together a cover for it tonight. Let me know if you're still stacking albums on the queue and I'll drop a link later.
There's 3 reason why the Rolling Stones are better. I'm going to list them here. 1. Jimi Hendrix from Rolling Stones was a better guitarist then Jimmy Page 2. The bassist from Rolling Stones isn't dead 3. Rolling Stobes wrote Stairway to Heaven and The Ocean so we all know they are superior here.
EPOCH6 is offline   Reply With Quote