Music Banter - View Single Post - Anticipated Albums: 2017
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 07:24 PM   #93 (permalink)
innerspaceboy
Music Addict

Still waiting for the delayed release of The Orb's Further Adventures 3LP+concert DVD set. The label released the show in both standard and HD for download as well as FLAC and v0 downloadables of the audio, but it'll be nice to have the finished package for my library. (The performance was way back in July of 2016).

But the greatest anticipated release of '17 is going to be the private issue of The Voyager Golden Record box set with a companion book. Ozma Records is producing the set in honor of the 40th anniversary of the Golden Record and has been emailing work-in-progress teasers to all who donated to the project as it moves along.

It was recently announced that Ozma had tracked down the source audio of the 118 images that were encoded in analog audio signals in the disc's grooves and that they will be offering them free for download on their website for those who wish to decode them on their own!

Grammy-winning audio engineer, Bernie Grundman is mastering the project with Timothy Ferris, the original producer of the Golden Record. The latest email included shots of Grundman cutting an acetate using a Scully record cutting lathe driven by the studio's own custom amplifier system.

The set will not be sold commercially. It is a gift item to those who pledged to their kickstarter campaign to produce the first "earthling edition" of this magnificent record. Of course, copies are going to circulate on eBay, likely for astronomical sums, but I'm just glad to be a small part of this historic project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote