Music Banter - View Single Post - The Country, Folk & World Recommendation Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 08:54 PM   #681 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiomara View Post
Her debut doesn't get enough love. But yeah she can pretty much do no wrong (she's my wife btw)
If she ever did a Wanda Jackson cover album I think I'd die of happiness.
^ Is that so? Surely deserves more than just a "btw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Tishoumaren: Middle Eastern and African driven electric blues. Notable artists: Tinariwen, Group Doueh, and Bombino. One of Frownland's new favourite genres and probably yours too.
^ I really like desert blues too - it was Stephen who first put me on to Bombino; http://www.musicbanter.com/country-f...no-agadez.html
And while Justin Adams isn't authentic African, he's an interesting guitarist who made a more or less desert blues album. This is a good track because we are spared his vocals:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiomara View Post
^ HaHa ! I remember that album cover - when a friend of mine lent me the album, it took me about 3 days to summon up the courage to play it...

And for this track, no spoiler, no description, no apologies; either you listen, or you miss out. It's up to you!