Music Banter - View Single Post - The Country, Folk & World Recommendation Thread
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2017, 07:53 AM   #685 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Glad you liked the Mary Jane Lamond, Chiomara.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiomara View Post
Well, y'know, I didn't want to brag or anything.
^ Well, this is really big! AFAIK, MB doesn't have any first-division celebrities posting here, so, as the husband of one, you are the next best thing, if you'll excuse me putting it that way.
Any chance you can get your wife to mention MusicBanter in her next song? In the meantime, if I can think of a good rhyme with the word "Lisna" I'll let you know, ok?

Quote:
The latter absolutely needs to be featured in some southern gothic horror film.
^ Yes, I liked the smooth but mysterious air of the Audra Mae song, and then King Dude really delivers on the creepy. My guess is that you might enjoy some of the material here:-
http://www.musicbanter.com/country-f...k-cabaret.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Russian folk is usually not that interesting.
But Leonid Fedorov is gold.
Although he's only partially rooted in folk, most of his stuff is experimental, jazzy and often rockish.
^ Not quite seeing what is gold about Leonid Fedorov, but what I know about Russian folk doesn't go much beyond this song from Yanka Dyagileva. In a repertoire of otherwise anguished songs that I don't understand, this stands out as being the only one with a sweet-sounding melody:-