Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2017, 01:22 PM   #444 (permalink)
Key

One of the common complaints people seem to have about Breath of the Wild is the soundtrack. Some people have said that it's too simple, too minimalistic, doesn't fit Zelda. I on the other hand absolutely love the entire soundtrack that comes alongside Breath of the Wild. Sure, it is much simpler and less "in your face" like other Zelda games are, but the soundtrack does the perfect job of surrounding you with music that allows you to get immersed into the world. I mean, a fair and understandable assessment that some people have had with the soundtrack is that the typical song styles that you'd think you'd hear by going to certain places you know won't actually happen. Songs like Gerudo Valley or the Song of Time, etc etc. However, I still feel that the world needed a less in your face approach. It wouldn't feel as alone or desolate without the minimal sounds going on in the background. Some have said that the soundtrack is very atmospheric. In the sense that it really sets the tone for every area. I certainly agree with that statement as well. I've found myself running in Hyrule Field, or going into towns, and quickly being able to get comfortable with the new tone that it sets. The music has a lot to do with that because it makes you feel as if you're truly in a place of its own, and not just a town you stumbled upon, etc etc.

I would like to point out a few tracks that really stand out from the rest. And keep in mind that again these are just my personal favorites. I'm sure there are people that would say "oh just post the whole soundtrack". And while that could potentially makes things easier, there are just certain tracks that stand out, and ones I thoroughly enjoyed and looked up on Youtube to hear more of. So here they are:

This is without a doubt my favorite track in the entire soundtrack. If you've played Breath of the Wild, you don't need me to tell you why this song is so good. If you haven't. Well, just know that the song goes really well with the environment around you. When you get to this part, you'll quickly realize it.

My obvious next choice has to go to the theme of Hyrule Castle. This song is so well done that there's a sense of nostalgia and loneliness the entire time. It's very memorable from the first note to the last, even though the game is entirely new. Fantastically done, and super beautiful.

I couldn't find a video for it, but there's a track that plays while you're riding on the back of your horse, and it's so well done. If you've heard it, you know exactly which one I'm talking about.