Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 3 Fave Black Mirror Episodes
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 02:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyy View Post
white bear gets it though. honestly it was just such an experience on the first viewing and lots of wondering "what the **** is happening here?" i also give it props for provoking conversation. i've talked to plenty of people who have seen the show about whether they believe the punishment is reasonable.
Just watched it for the second time. First thing that came to mind is that this will happen sometime down the road based on privatized prisons. As soon as someone can figure out how to make it work where it will pacify the public outrage using the entertainment value as the compromise. Hell, half of the population today would get off on this concept.

Secondly, for some reason it made me think about the killer whales at Seaworld here in San Diego. Paraded out each day to "perform" unnaturally just to amuse the public and make someone profit.

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote