Music Banter - View Single Post - Kiiii's Arcade
Thread: Kiiii's Arcade
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2017, 01:06 PM   #445 (permalink)
Key

As a side note: I'm nearing the completion of the main quest for Breath of the Wild so there will be one more post about the game, and perhaps another to give my final thoughts. I'm nowhere near close to being done playing the game, as I have no idea what is going to happen next.

This particular post is going to focus on something that I don't think I've touched on before, and it's just a coincidence that it does relate to Breath of the Wild in a way. So let's talk about...

Part 1

I honestly don't remember a time before a few years ago that I started getting really excited about video game trailers. Anybody who's anybody knows that the first thing you want to see when a video game title is released are the trailers. There's something so truly captivating and beautiful about them, especially with the bigger titles over the past few years. Even some not so well games have some really badass trailers that I feel are worth sharing. So, let's start with the obvious one and work our way down, shall we?

Of course, who would I be if I didn't mention one of the best trailers for a video game I have ever seen, mixed with of course being my favorite game of all time. I can't lie though, I come from a bit of bias, as I always feel Nintendo have been spot on every single time they release a video game trailer. This trailer though really does a fantastic job at not only setting the atmosphere for the game, but giving you an idea of the lore behind it. It's done fairly subtle, but it still does a fantastic job and just giving you that sneak peak of what to expect out of the game. And having played through most of it, it does its job very well. Even after playing the game for as long as I have, this trailer still gets me excited.

Perhaps my second most favorite video game trailer would easily have to go to the Fallout 4 trailer. It brings in everything we love about the Fallout games before it, and meshes it altogether into a beautifully made trailer that will surely get you ready for a new world. Even if the main game was a bit of a disappointment, the trailer still holds high esteem to this day.

Even if I don't own an Xbox One or that particular version of Rocket League for that matter, I have to give props to Psyonix for making such an amazing trailer for their console version. I'll admit, I haven't really been playing a lot of Rocket League, but the game is still dear to my heart, and the trailer is amazing.