Music Banter - View Single Post - Wanting to learn an instrument.
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2017, 08:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Akai
Godless Ape

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryoftheloon View Post
Hello, so I am really liking to learn an instrument and thought I'd try to ask people whom probably play instruments themselves their opinions.

I can already play the Drums, but I'd like to be able to play an instrument where I can basically write a song (like a Piano or Guitar). Now, I've tried both Guitar and Piano, and also Ukulele, and I find they're all pretty hard. I definitely realize music takes dedication, but I am kind of at a busy time in my life and obviously if something out there is easier for me I'd like to go with that. If nothing is easier than those things I may probably try to learn another time when I can put more effort into it.

However, my Dad has told me that Keyboard is easier than all of those things..I don't know if he is right or not though, is it true? I kind of distrust him, because I get the feeling he just wants me to be a musician to begin with, as he is himself a very talented musician.

Anyways, I have also heard of thing called a Pianica, so it seems there are some Piano-like options that might not be so hard as Piano, but I'd just like to know from anyone with experience, what your recommendations may be. Thank you.
Play some keyboard and/or piano, while you learn keep playing drums and pick up a cheap acoustic while you're at it

''To be honest, in my opinion, of course without offending anyone who thinks differently from my point of view,
but also by looking into this matter from a different perspective and by considering each and every one's valid opinion,
I do believe that I forgot what I was going to say.''

S p o t i f y
Akai is offline   Reply With Quote