Music Banter - View Single Post - Wanting to learn an instrument.
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 04:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Daniel Moon
Groupie

I am ging to share my experience with you and hopefully, I am going to help you with your decision..

When I first started playing an instrument it was a guitar and I got around to it pretty fast but I never became so successful with it that I was satisfied.

Then I tried drums and I really loved them, even more than a guitar and I am now much more of a drum guy. They just came naturally to me because I felt those beats. And it became so easy for me to reach the level that I was satisfied with!

And when it comes to pianos I always loved them but never really pursued that instrument... I was thinking of buying some cheap or mid range digital piano and actually trying to learn something, and even if I can't be absolutely perfect that won't cause me problems because I already found myself with the drums.

I found this guide for digital pianos Top 10 Best Digital Pianos Reviews 2017 - Full buying guide - MusicAlien.Net and I loved those cheaper options. I might buy Williams legato even if it is so far from something professional. I don't need it to be. Maybe if I decide I will go for something like Yamaha p45, I love the design of it and everything I read about it.

If you can't decide between drums and guitar and the piano then take it from me as someone who loves all three but is only really good with one of these instruments.

I love them but I found it that drums really work for me and I can be proud for being so good with them BUT I can also be proud for pursuing other instruments that I liked too.

Try everything! Regret nothing! You should try Piano if that is what you feel you need to do. And after some time you will know if that was your soul instrument or just another on your path to finding your true instrument
Daniel Moon is offline   Reply With Quote