Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club 2017
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2017, 08:44 PM   #764 (permalink)
The Identity Matrix
[REDACTED]

I missed on Gris Gris last week so sorry about that...

Patsy Cline: Showcase

Yeah sorry batty, this ain't my kind of jam.... I can certainly appreciate it for what it does, showcases Cline's vocals. But I mean there really isn't anything musically going for it. Thus, we are relying entirely on Patsy Cline herself in grabbing the attention of the listener. I appreciate the fact that she has a good voice, and she really executes the sound of the era flawlessly, but other than that there really isn't a lot to grab on to. Many of the tracks on this record just blend together. I won't say this is bad or even average. I think it's just ok to me. Blame it on my parents who never played any of this kind of music for me as a kid. Blame it on the musical environment I grew up in, but this album just completely missed the mark for me. It's not for me, and that is pretty easy to accept for me. I certainly won't be going back to this any time soon, and it does not really invigorate me to check out her other work or other artists of the same ilk.

I'll give it a 6.1/10

Enter the Domain - The Identity Matrix Domain

"I'm not a prophet or a stone aged man, just a mortal with potential of a superman. I'm living on." - David Bowie

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Just don't piss in his mouth or shove stuff in his dick. He tends to frown upon that.
The Identity Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote