Music Banter - View Single Post - The Album Club 2017
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 04:13 PM   #774 (permalink)
TechnicLePanther
and the livin' is easy...

Bootsy Collins - Tha Funk Capitol of the World

This is a very collaborative album, featuring many, many musician friends of Bootsy Collins. However, inevitably, this begins to detract from the album as a whole. There are just way too many songs on this album. If it was around twenty minutes shorter, this album would not be so incredibly annoying by the end. Unfortunately, the album continues well beyond the more traditional 40-minute mark. This is not an album that I'm going to want to listen to again.

Now, all of that out of the way, I have no other complaints, this is a quite good album musically. There are many excellently written and produced tracks with influence from many different genres (usually related to the feature on that particular song). And there's a plethora of amazing moments on this album as well. Which makes it that much worse that the length ruined it. It's just hard to handle this much of the same artist. There are plenty of cool playlist songs, or segments to listen to on their own, but funk isn't generally my thing, and so I can't dig the run time.

Inevitably, I like this album, but I only enjoyed about 2/3 of it, and so my ranking has to be placed accordingly. 6/10

Goes here in list:

Patsy Cline - Showcase
Bootsy Collins - Tha Funk Capitol of the World
Steely Dan - Aja

P.S. Did anyone else recognize the sound effect that plays at the end of this album? I think a channel on Youtube uses it for their intro but I'm not sure which.

SUGGEST ME AN ALBUM - I'm probably not going to listen to it but I will if you bother me enough.

Last edited by TechnicLePanther; 04-30-2017 at 10:42 AM.
TechnicLePanther is offline   Reply With Quote