Music Banter - View Single Post - The Country, Folk & World Recommendation Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2017, 05:44 PM   #737 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiomara View Post
Michael Hurley!! It's nice to see him mentioned. Do you like Jackson C. Frank too, frown?

^ I really liked that song so I've been having a look at some other Michael Hurley songs. They sound great! One called Portland Water seems particularly good to me.
Thanks Chiomara and Frownland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Some of the cuts on And Then There Were Three could easily be Yes songs.

^ Yes, that first track was quite a surprise! Given that the Fully Qualified Survivor album is supposed to be like a Hunky Dory from a parallel universe, MC has obviously tried a few different styles in his time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rostasi View Post
^ I thought this track was fabulous, rostasi. Many thanks for uploading it!
As the album image is so unrevealing, I went into my first listen with absolutely zero preconceptions. That's always a good way to start out actually, although most often we come to new music with some ideas, tips, or received opinions first.
Anyway, if you want ( before but preferably after playing rostasi's rec) a clue about Saagara then open this spoiler and see them in action:-

Spoiler for Saagara live: