Music Banter - View Single Post - Blank Does Whatever He Damn Well Pleases
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2017, 12:48 AM   #327 (permalink)
Blank.
Jacob Sartorius

Today's review is Alanis Morrisete's Flavors of Entaglement (2008) (Pop Rock, Singer/Songwriter)

Citizen of the Planet - Starts off with an indian feel to it. Chorus has that alternative feel.

Underneath - Some traditional 90's pop.

Straitjacket - Electronica. Interesting.

Versions of Violence - Synth start's it off. This feels like it should have electronica as a genre as well.

Not As We - A soft piano plays while while Alanis sings in a broken voice. This song seems so much more emotional.

In Praise of the Vulnerable Man - The guitar being played backwards? Cool.

Moratorium - More electronica. It really should be a secondary tag on RYM.

Torch - More emotional music.

So far I dig this album, but I don't think this outdoes Supposed Former Infatuation Junkie and Jagged Little Pill.

Giggling Again For No Reason - Good song.

Tapes - Dreamy pop music.

Incomplete - More electronica.

Final thoughts: This album feels different. It feels like a woman reflecting on her life. She's coming to peace with herself and ending everything with the song incomplete, saying she still has room to improve. This feels like an adult finally coming to terms with who they are.

So is this a good album? Well... I think the music is good, lyrical content is decent, and has an enjoyable vibe. That said, I struggle with the overall personality of the album. Maybe it's one of those "You're too young to understand" things.

☆☆☆1/2

Last edited by Blank.; 05-28-2017 at 01:28 PM.
Blank. is offline   Reply With Quote