Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2017, 04:56 PM   #5912 (permalink)
DwnWthVwls
Fck Ths Thngs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
If he said certain people would have a better chance of climbing out of poverty if they had a reason to hope and that's why we're committed to educational opportunities and job training programs that would show a sensitivity to what it means to be impoverished. But when he says bluntly, even in part it's a state of mind if you're poor, well, you know that you can't just think money into existence. One has to be very charitable with his words to find a reasonable interpretation of what he's saying. Poverty is literally a lack of money/wealth. There's no way around that reality when you're poor. Also, considering his history of saying stupid things and the administration he's now a part of there's very reason to give him any benefit of the doubt.
He kind of addressed this.. Did you even read the article?

Quote:
Carson said the government can provide help to those in need.
"I think the majority of people don't have that defeatist attitude, but they sometimes just don't see the way, and that's where government can come in and be very helpful," he added. "It can provide the ladder of opportunity, it can provide the mechanism that will demonstrate to them what can be done."
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Of course, I understand that. But his point is so irrelevant to my lack of funds that I feel justified redirecting it so it makes some ****ing sense.
You've already demonstrated your completely piss poor attitude and work ethic sooo yeah. You don't want to call his point about mindstates relevant because then you might actually have to improve yours and try in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote