Music Banter - View Single Post - They Don't Make Music Like They Used to (They Make it Better)
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 10:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mondo Bungle
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene

Default They Don't Make Music Like They Used to (They Make it Better)

Now that I have your attention I wanna talk about my favorite artists of the millennium. The ones constantly transforming the landscape of music, reinventing instead of rehashing, and just not sucking.

Circle Takes the Square

CTTS are among the big boys of post hardcore for good reason. They came out firing early, but by 2004 they released their milestone debut As the Roots Undo and it was pretty much a game changer. Many imitators had come after this but no one could live up to it. Insanely complex compositions of chaotic beauty like nonstop. It's one of those albums that says "oh you wanna hear our chops? Well ****ing here", and amassed a new world of post hardcore.

It was a long gap from here to their next album but well worth it. They took that sound, polished it up and expanded even further to forge an epic colossus of sludge metalified screamo, a truly huge album

Have a Nice Life

With the way the genre is set up, there is a huge amount of nice and different things that can come out of shoegaze, subtle or completely from left field. You got the fuzzy guitar and an infinity of texture to conjure up with it. HANL let it ring out with ambient and drone influences, coming together with black metal inspired riffs and dreary electronics to shape this dark and monstrous wall of sound. It is more gloomy stuff unlike My Bloody Valentine, sounding like Joy Division playing... I dunno buy there's JD in there somewhere. Another defining album of the twenty first century with Deathconsciousness. It is demanding and in that so very rewarding.

High Wolf

This is some ultra nice stuff that oughtta be talked about more. He creates psychedelic and tropical sounding galaxies of euphoria, it's all so pleasing to the ear. This is very laid back and trippy music packed with nonstop bliss

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote