Music Banter - View Single Post - RAC Appreciation Thread (Neo-Nazi Punk FTW)
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 05:30 PM   #95 (permalink)
Mondo Bungle
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene

Well there's everyone's favorite heathens Peste Noire, who throughout their career have established themselves as one of the most WTF black metal acts out there, cutting their already peculiar metal with all kinds of circus music and oi! jams and whatever kind of odd folk. This song (and album actually) isn't exactly indicative of that but it's one of the best songs ever

You can take a spin through here for the weirdness

Then there's a whole tide of outsider black metalers from France that sing about French pride and history and traditions. It's not always good but it's often pretty whack

From French to French-Canadian, Akitsa are a no brainer. They have a decent sized discography with a good amount of diversity within the raw blackness.*

Malveillance are more hateful about it though, at least in their first album which I couldn't find a video for after not looking very hard.*https://www.metal-archives.com/album..._emporte/32804 The review is pretty much it though. Not insanely unique but still separate from all the legions of sameness, with dark and oddly romantic riffs.*

Master's Hammer are super badass and experimental and sometimes dip into some kinda Czech nationalism in their lyrics even if it's not totally outright, but I think you're aware of them.

And Drudkh (and pretty much all groups spawned from them), definitely have a sound all of their own. They're more often about forests and stuff lyrically but still dabble with Ukrainian pride and heritage.*

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote