Music Banter - View Single Post - They Don't Make Music Like They Used to (They Make it Better)
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 08:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Mondo Bungle
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene

The Plot to Blow Up the Eiffel Tower

It had been established that you can play punk music more technical than anything, and TPTBUTET just do it so well. They play loud and frenetic bursts of post hardcore/noise rock with total jazz compositions. The entire band is spot on 100% of the time. Their music is generally pretty succinct to never be boring, as they pack more into their tracks than you could imagine. It's one of the most technically proficient groups to ever play punk music, they are cream of the crop songwriters and players. The feel here is total spastic energy.

The Number Twelve Looks Like You

Spazztastic techcore comes in heavier doses as well obviously. A landmark mathcore group that infused so many eclectic elements into their masterpiece Mongrel. They played breakneck hyper complex stuff like the other mathcore groups but obviously that wasn't enough, so they thought, how bout some ska and salsa inspired composition?

Cleric

Mathcore still continues to grow. You'd think it wouldn't even be possible to combine it with drone music right? Well **** you. Cleric have released just one album called Regressions, and his a huge stew of intricate avant-garde metal and noise/long form drone. It's like exactly how the Seer by Swans would be if it were a mathcore album. But it came first. I'm not gonna defend the length though, I think it's too long too.

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote