Music Banter - View Single Post - They Don't Make Music Like They Used to (They Make it Better)
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 07:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Mondo Bungle
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene

Föllakzoid

This is some of that sweet sweet space rock. The music here is (get this) spacey, verby, echoey, with heavy krautrock leanings and a general tribal delivery and feel of it all. It recalls the classics but still remains fresh with it's own nuance. Mellow music for holy moments of eternity.

Black Moth Super Rainbow

Keeping it blissed out with some hipster stuff that is so so so nice. BMSR have a very vibrant and colorful quality to their psychedelic ass music. They evolved more and more into less surreal sounding indie/electronic stuff which is all fine and good, but their early stuff is way better I think. Start a People is my favorite album and they're at their most trippy and whacked out. People always say it sounds like Boards of Canada, and I guess it kinda does, but still more indie psych pop with a lot of little sonic displays of weird coolness. Best to listen to it all the way through, it's made up of a lot of little things but together is pretty magical.

Negative Plane

I think this band is worthy of high praise among the world of modern metal. They have a distinct sound both old school and new school-esque. The production is perfect for the music, slightly raw and totally natural. They make a kind of black metal that would appear to be influenced by the music of Mercyful Fate, but still modern and much more extreme. Very occult, almost psychedelic atmosphere with like the best riffs. Truly inventive and amazingly proficient, a must have for a metal fan's catalogue.

*epic guitar solo blasts into my face*

DAMN IT MONDO
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote